Motivation Spiritual stories
4enlightenment bring to you completely original spiritual stories to capture your imaginations and impart true wisdom. written by dhamma Tāpasā a former buddhist monk who now transforms others lives with his unique style of transformational life coach.
The Grandfather & Grandson
In a small field a boy and his grandfather are digging the soil. They are turning it over, smashing the lumps, preparing it for the years sowing. It’s hard work but necessary for the bountiful harvest they will receive from all their efforts.
The old man is well into his 70’s and is panting a fair bit, with every fork load thats turned sweat drips from his forehead but he doesn’t complain.
His grandson is 17 years old, fit strong and able. He curses with every fork load that’s turned, then standing there he huffs and puffs and complains before sticking the fork in once again cursing as he goes.
After a while, the young grandson notices how much more his grandfather has done than himself.
“How come grandfather you have achieved more than me when your so much older?” He asks
The reply wasn’t what he expected
“The Thinking about it, that’s the HARD bit, doing it, that the EASY bit”
The grandson is taken aback a little so the grandfather continues
“When you spend your time thinking, how hard this is, how much more to go, my back aches, that’s the hard bit. It’s far harder thinking about all these things, getting caught up in a whirlwind of your own thoughts, than it is to actual do the physical work in the first place”
“While you stand after ever fork load and allow your mind to dwell on the negative, I have done another three more fork loads than you have. I only look at what I have done which is always pleasing and positive”
Join Our Twice Weekly Email Packed With FREE Goodies to Create A Positive Mindset
Coaching & Training in Positive Thinking
Check Your Junk Mail after signing up if you haven’t heard from us in 5 minutes. Your welcome email has a downloadable Free Gift. we don’t want you to miss It
Author: Dhamma Tāpasā* (Andrew Hallas)
Moral of the Story:
As with a lot of things we don’t want to do in our lives, the thinking about it is so much harder than just getting on and doing it.
Some of us will procrastinate, some of use distraction, others will just put it off altogether. However the easy bit is always in the doing, our complaining and whining won’t make the problem go away. Do what ever it takes to move forward even if it just one small bit, those one small bits make up a lot in a week.
Remember you got this!
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Positive Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.
I Help Empower YOU With A Lifetime of Positivity…
…Changing The Way You Experience The World
Do You Feel YOU Deserve More Out Of Life?
Want To Make A Difference For Yourself And Your Family?
With This Brand New Cutting Edge Approach I Will Transform Your Life Quicker, Easier and More Effective Than Any Model Out There
Just Give It A Try Completely Risk FREE
And I Promise I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
Some of most Compelling Spiritual Stories
Or Find Something To Spark Your Imagination
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphors that once read we just simple can’t forget. Enjoy. The Pencil Analogy The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside and just before putting him intoContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away. Your words of encouragement you personally shared with me on retreat at Plum Village will never be forgotten and I with all my heartContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.