Mini mediations to help with better sleep
The Wave meditation
We all know how debilitating lack of sleep can become, and experienced over long periods of time can causes other more serious health issues to occur. Some of us find it hard to actually fall asleep, tossing and turning with thoughts running through our minds. Some of us wake in the early hours and then struggle to fall back to sleep with the same affliction as before.
There are many mini meditations that over the course of the next few weeks I would like to share with you, helping you get some well deserved sleep and relaxation.
Each of the mini meditations that are going to be shared, are simple to grasp, and can be practiced by both those that wake in the early hours and for those it takes ages to fall asleep.
As we are all individuals some work better than others, depending on your personality traits. If you find one that works practice that one, however a better practice is too use all the meditations in a regularly basis. This way it’s keeps the mind from slipping into a dullness, changing it up regularly puts that spice or vitality back into your mind.
The Wave meditation
To practice this lovely meditation we need to visualise in our mind a gently lapping wave the ones that are found on the flattest calmest of summers days, or the type found on a sun drenched Mediterranean beach.
Once you have you gently lapping wave visualised in you mind, gently coming in and gently going out.
Now I want you to time the wave with your breath,
Breathing in as the wave calmly pulls away from the shore;
Breathing out the wave gently rolls onto the beach lapping at the shore line.
Breathing in visualise, and in time with the breath, your wave pulling, gently away for the shore.
Breathing out visualise and in time with your breath as your wave gently rolls onto the beach.
Keep this up and within a very short period you will be in a deep and restful sleep.
A little side note:
I explained this meditation to my mother who was having trouble waking early in the morning and unable to return to sleep. She is a complete sceptic when it come to this “new aged fangled stuff” as she puts it. The next morning she actually told me how she gave it a go and it really did work for her and she managed to get back of to sleep and wake feeling rested.
Join Our Twice Weekly Email Packed With FREE Goodies to Create A Positive Mindset
Coaching & Training in Positive Thinking
Check Your Junk Mail after signing up if you haven’t heard from us in 5 minutes. Your welcome email has a downloadable Free Gift. we don’t want you to miss It
Dhamma Tāpasā*(Andrew Hallas)
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Positive Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.
I Help Empower YOU With A Lifetime of Positivity…
…Changing The Way You Experience The World
Do You Feel YOU Deserve More Out Of Life?
Want To Make A Difference For Yourself And Your Family?
With This Brand New Cutting Edge Approach I Will Transform Your Life Quicker, Easier and More Effective Than Any Model Out There
Just Give It A Try Completely Risk FREE
And I Promise I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
Other Meditations In This Series: Helping with Better Sleep
Some of Dhamma Tapasa’s most compelling Stories
Or Find Something To Inspire You Today
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphors that once read we just simple can’t forget. Enjoy. The Pencil Analogy The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside and just before putting him intoContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away. Your words of encouragement you personally shared with me on retreat at Plum Village will never be forgotten and I with all my heartContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.