Inspirational Moral Story The wise Mouse & Bouncy Tiger
On a dusty windy road in the middle of the countryside a wise mouse is walking. He carries everything he needs on his back and is happy and content. With each small step he breaths in really experiencing his surroundings, the fresh air and the beautiful rolling countryside.
Suddenly out of seemingly nowhere a bouncy tiger comes racing along the track. The tiger skids to a halt in a rather dramatic fashion and introduces himself to the mouse.
“Hello little mouse, I am Tony the bouncy tiger, do you want to race me?”
“Hello Tony tiger, I am Micheal mouse” replied our wise little mouse “I’m not in a rush Tony and have no need of a race, sorry”
“Oh come on” replies Tony bouncing up and down as he does so “it will be awesome”
“Sorry Tony, rushing around everywhere isn’t my thing, I like to breath in my surroundings and become present in the moment, I’m afraid running around we miss so much”
“Ohhhhhh please” replies Tony even more animated and bouncy
Our wise mouse has a little think to himself and decides the only way is to entertain the bouncy tiger’s idea of a race. And finally agrees.
Tony gets even more excited at the news and is uncontrollably bouncing around on the start line.
“So where do we race too” asks the little wise mouse
“Let’s race to the beautiful old tree, a few miles away” replies Tony “last one there smells like rotten cabbage”
The countdown begins
“3…..2…..1….. Go” shouts the mouse
The Tiger set off like a jet airplane leaving a cloud of dust as he goes, before long he is way out of sight and over the hill leaving our mouse far behind.
Back at the start line the dust finally settles and our little wise mouse picks up his rucksack and slowly sets off along the dirt road. Before long our mouse is happily enjoying the moment once again. Breathing in he becomes present, happy and content.
Far far ahead Tony the bouncy tiger is beginning to feel tired, the beautiful old tree is a lot further than he first thought. However he soon finds himself standing next to the old tree and feeling very triumphant indeed. The fast run has taken its effect and our Tiger is feeling sleepy and so decides to take a nap, safely in the knowledge a little mouses legs could never beat a tiger.
Meanwhile at the back of the race our little wise mouse is quietly enjoying his stroll when he meets a lovely rabbit who has just made a fresh pot of herbal tea. He stays for a while before moving onwards where he then meets a lovely squirrel who shares her lunch. Feeling refreshed and energised our little mouse continues along the dusty road with an open heart, present in the moment. His next encounter is with a travelling band who play him a song as entertainment followed by a badger who teaches him a magic trick.
The Mouse & The Tiger meet again
Finally our little mouse comes to the beautiful old tree where the bouncy tiger is still fast asleep.
After gently awakening the tiger the little mouse recounts his day and all about the lovely people he met along his journey. The tiger listened intently and is completely taken aback how many people and how much fun the little mouse has had along the very same road the tiger had come.
“How is it little mouse that I met no one and you had all this fun?” asked the tiger “even though we both took the same path”
“Because tiger your always in such a rush. Bouncing around here and there and never really appreciating the moment your in. You chose to run as fast as you could and to the destination. I chose to enjoy the journey, the fresh air, the countryside and my surroundings I was walking in. This gave me time to meet others and share in there joy and happiness. It isn’t the destination that’s important, yes it may be our final goal, it’s the journey however that’s truly important. It’s this very journey that makes and shapes our very lives it moulds us into who we are”
“Wow little mouse that is profound and it makes total sense to me. I’m going to from now on slow down and smell the roses, I’m going to enjoy the journey more than where I’m trying to get too.”
And together the little wise mouse and the bouncy Tiger slowly walked off together along the dusty road, each enjoying the moment and the journey they were on.
Author: Dhamma Tāpasā*
Moral of the Story:
We all seem to live more and more hectic and busy lives. We rush from one task to the next never really taking enough time to appreciate and enjoy the simpler aspects of life. If you feel you are living your life like that of our tiger, at a hundred miles an hour. Then it’s time to stop and smell the roses. It’s time to look out for yourself and reconnect with the joys and delights of simplicity. Remember it’s the not the destination that’s all important in life but the journey it takes for us to get there. It time to enjoy that journey.
Do YOU Feel Like YOU Just Can’t Stop YOURSELF Overthinking?
With YOUR Thoughts Racing Away, Wound Up & Can’t Seem to Let GO
Then Let’s Make 2022 The Year That Changes Everything For YOU
I Don’t Just Change One Problem I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Transformative Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.
Our Most Compelling Original Moral Stories
Or Find Something to Spark YOUR Imagination
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphors that once read we just simple can’t forget. Enjoy. The Pencil Analogy The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside andContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away. Your words of encouragement you personally shared with me on retreat at Plum Village will never be forgotten andContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.