An Inspirational Short Moral Story The Roman Soldier
The Roman Soldier
This story comes from a time during the Roman Empire where there were mighty gladiators and legendary Emperors. Our story is centred around a normal soldier who became a legend in his own right.
From a young age our soldier was always good at sports and always dreamed of becoming a soldier. His dream wasn’t just of an ordinary soldier he dreamt of glory and recognition.
By the age of twelve he had proved himself, and was excepted into the military academy. He enjoyed his life and strived everyday to become the best. Our soldier knew of nothing better than being a soldier in the Roman army.
Progressing well becoming one of the top students. Finally the day came of graduation, where he was selected to join the twelfth legion. An elite legion known for there bravery and savagery on the battle field.
Becoming a true Roman Soldier
He quickly excelled with his new legion, making friends quickly and soon become recognised as fearless and ruthless in battle. He rose through the ranks and became a sergeant looking after a dozen men.
Battle after battle were fought with our soldier and his brave twelve victorious at every turn.
He was gaining a reputation as one of the most mastered and revered soldiers in the entire Roman Empire.
More battles came with victories at every turn.
Until things started to change and a true legend was born.
It began with a pause in a battle to remove the wounded. While resting he watched the old and young come and tend to the wounded and find their loved ones. He watched as tears flooded the eyes and heart of one particular mother who wept desperately for her son, now lying motionless.
Like a lightening bolt our soldier could see this heartache and devastation was caused by his own sword and how his actions had an equal and opposite reaction.
No matter how hard he tried to shake these thoughts from his head, he just could rid himself of what he had witnessed. Something deep within him had started to change.
The battle was won and the legion were triumphant, but our soldier wasn’t celebrating, he was in deep remorse for that poor old lady and her son.
Right there and then he threw his sword to the floor never to pick it up again. He went to find the old lady who had wept for her son and on bended knees begged for her forgiveness.
What was our Roman soldier going to do now
He was released from duty, officially recorded as exhaustion, where he returned to his home town. Upon arriving home he was greeted as a hero, anyone brave enough to fight in the Roman army were treated this way. He felt very guilty for all this praise knowing the hurt and pain it had caused others.
Within a matter of days he entered a monastery to practice a simple life and to repent all his sins. He learned under a great master of the time and before long his heart was pure enough to allow for the healing.
With love now in the soldiers heart he walked the countryside spreading kindness and compassion wherever he could. His reputation began to spread far and wide as a saintly man full of love in his heart. He now wore the simple robes and collected only alms for his food.
He began to gather a following of men and women all eager to hear words of wisdom from this great man.
An so a legend was born.
The transformation of a soldier man
Join Our Twice Weekly Email Packed With FREE Goodies to Create A Positive Mindset
Coaching & Training in Positive Thinking
Check Your Junk Mail after signing up if you haven’t heard from us in 5 minutes. Your welcome email has a downloadable Free Gift. we don’t want you to miss It
Author:- Dhamma Tāpasā*(Andrew Hallas)
Moral of Story:
All our actions have consequences this is called Karma. Whatever we do, think or say produces Karma. If we harm others or ourselves then that karma caused is only negative. Over the long run that has a devastating effect on both our peace of mind and our wellbeing. What we think we become!
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Positive Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.
I Help Empower YOU With A Lifetime of Positivity…
…Changing The Way You Experience The World
Do You Feel YOU Deserve More Out Of Life?
Want To Make A Difference For Yourself And Your Family?
With This Brand New Cutting Edge Approach I Will Transform Your Life Quicker, Easier and More Effective Than Any Model Out There
Just Give It A Try Completely Risk FREE
And I Promise I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
Some of our other Compelling Spiritual Stories
Or Find Something to Spark YOUR Imagination
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphorsContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passedContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.
- The Floating MeditationThe Floating Meditation is very easy and simple to understand and forms part of our mini meditation series. Together we explore some old Buddhist secrets to help us all get some well deserved sleep and relaxation.
- Get A Decent sleep?How Can I Get A Decent Nights sleep? Do these Buddhist secrets to drifting off into a deep and relaxing sleep.
- 5 Things that will Improve Your Life TodayWhy You Need To Do These 5 Things to Improve Your Life Self improvement can be a big undertaking. With these 5 simple strategies we will begin to improve ourContinue reading “5 Things that will Improve Your Life Today”
- The Buddha a short storyThe life of the Buddha and his search for enlightenment. A wonderfully illustrated short story
- You are Perfect just the way You areYou are perfect the way you are!