The Inner Smile Meditation is a mindfulness practice designed to cultivate feelings of love, joy, and happiness from within. It involves focusing your awareness on your physical body, imagining a warm and radiant light spreading throughout, and smiling inwardly to create a feeling of joy and peace. This meditation can help to reduce stress, increase feelings of well-being, and improve overall health and happiness. Whether you’re new to meditation or an experienced practitioner, the Inner Smile Meditation can be a simple and effective tool for fostering inner peace and happiness.
The Inner Smile Meditation
The Meditation on our Inner Smile
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to relax.
- Start by bringing your awareness to your physical body. Scan from your toes to the top of your head, noticing any areas of tension or discomfort.
- As you inhale, imagine a warm and radiant light entering your body through your nose. Visualise this light spreading throughout your body, warming and soothing every muscle, organ, and cell.
- Now, bring your attention to your face. Imagine yourself smiling from the inside out. Let the smile spread across your face and into your eyes, filling your whole being with a warm and loving energy.
- Hold this inner smile for a few moments, feeling the joy and happiness that it brings. Let it permeate your whole body, dissolving any tension or stress that you may be carrying.
- Imagine this inner smile radiating out from your body, touching all those around you. Visualise everyone you meet being impacted positively by your smile, and feel the joy of spreading happiness to others.
- Take a few more deep breaths and when you are ready, slowly open your eyes. Take a moment to bask in the feeling of inner joy and peace that you have cultivated.
Repeat this meditation as often as you like to cultivate the sense of inner peace and happiness. This mindfulness exercise will always bring a smile to your heart.
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Positive Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.