The Treasure Map, A Motivational Original Spiritual Moral Story
The Treasure Map
Whilst two best friends are out playing in the woods they discover an old wooden chest, lodged in a crumbling oak tree. Excitedly they open it up to discover every kids dream, a real life treasure map. It’s just how they imagined a treasure map would be, a big X is placed in the centre, with hand drawn forests, mountains and rivers covering the rest of the page. At the top of the page, and in bold fancy writing, it says “Treasure Map to the Pool of Karma!”
Our two best friends are beside themselves with excitement, and study the map with great concentration to find there bearings. The maps large X points them to a place called the Crooked Forest, next to the village of Crookham. From the little boys homes thats only 5km away, taking them across rolling fields and over two babbling brooks they will soon arrive at the Crooked Forest.
The boys rush home and start to prepare for a great adventure. Before long sandwiches are made and a flask of tea is packed. Our two little boys, clutching the Treasure Map, boldly stride forward like brave knights of old.
Lets go searching for the treasure
With a skip in their step our two hero’s dance across the daisy covered fields, cross two little streams and soon find themselves in the village of Crookham. After some refreshments and getting some final directions they are soon standing at the entrance to the dark crooked forest.
The two hero’s stand there for a moment, a little scared and daunted by this immense dark forest stretching before them. Our two hero’s haven’t come this far for nothing and they both take deep breaths and pluck up the courage to push forward along the rarely trodden path.
They enter the crooked forest a little nervous but excited to find their treasure. Every tree is old and twisted, with huge branches reaching in every direction searching for any available slither of light. The vast canopy stretches over their heads making it a little dark and scary. The Crooked Forest it is indeed.
It’s not long before, in the distance, they see a little old lady bent double picking herbs. As they get closer they can see that this is no ordinary old lady, this beautiful old lady shines with kindness, warmth and compassion leaving a glow all about her.
Meeting the old lady
Before they can introduce themselves the beautiful old lady speaks to them
“Hello my two hero’s, have you come looking for the Pool of Karma” she says in a kind, soft whisper.
Astonished that this beautiful old lady already knew their intentions before they had even spoken, left them both a little shocked and unable to reply for a few moments.
“We have indeed”, replies one of the boys.
“The Pool of Karma is no ordinary treasure, my two little hero’s, only those pure at heart will see it’s true brilliance shining back, others only see ripples across a dirty lake.”
“How do you mean? Those pure at heart”, asks the other boy.
“The pool of karma reflects back what and who we are” replies the beautiful old lady “For every action there is an equal reaction. For those that live with the right intentions, those who watch out for negative and potentially harming thoughts and those taking care of their actions so as not to harm others, these are the pure at heart.”
“What will we get to see?”, both the boys eagerly ask together.
Only you know if your pure at heart my little hero, only you truly know if your thoughts and actions are those of purity and not influenced by greed or manipulation.
“Now go my two little hero’s and discover for yourself”
The two boys thank the kind lady and bid their fair wells, then boldly stride forwards wondering if they were truly pure at heart.
It so close now
A silence has fallen between the two boys as their anticipation grows. It’s Just past the twisted oak and it’s around the next corner. As they climb across the last few moss covered rocks they are treated to the most glorious slight. A large lake fills their eyes, edged with the most exotic tress they have ever seen. Every branch of every tree seems to be stretching and reaching out to touch the pool of Karma. The boys stand in amazement, in all their years this is the most beautiful sight they have ever seen.
The pool of Karma is still and silent, reflecting back the most beautiful light that sparkles and seems to dance for their eyes delight.
The two little boys are indeed pure at heart!
Author: Dhamma Tāpasā*
Do YOU Feel Like YOU Just Can’t Stop YOURSELF Overthinking?
With YOUR Thoughts Racing Away, Wound Up & Can’t Seem to Let GO
Then Let’s Make 2022 The Year That Changes Everything For YOU
I Don’t Just Change One Problem I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
Moral of the Story:
Karma is the result of our actions & our thoughts. Wether those thoughts are good or bad, every thought creates a sort of ripple effect out into the universe. Negative thoughts generate negative actions and positive thoughts generate positive actions. For every action there is an equal reaction. For those that live with the right intentions, those who watch out for negative and potentially harming thoughts and those taking care of their actions so as not to harm others you are the true hero’s in our world.
It seems sometimes our minds can run at a million miles an hour, so how do you keep track of what Your thinking. This is where meditation comes into play. A simple and effective way to not only help you relax and unwind after a long day, but meditation and being mindful will help you to notice those negative and harming thoughts a lot earlier, and thus reducing your negative Karma.
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. A Transformational Life Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills and Impart True Wisdom.
Some of Our Most Compelling Original Spiritual Stories
Or Find Something of Interest
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphors that once read we just simple can’t forget. Enjoy. The Pencil Analogy The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside andContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away. Your words of encouragement you personally shared with me on retreat at Plum Village will never be forgotten andContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.