An Inspirational Short Moral Story
How to catch a Baby Dragon
Almost 6,000 years ago to this very day a challenge was set by a wise and noble king.
“Whoever can catch me a Baby Dragon will inherit my kingdom”
There were many takers to this quest, all would eagerly set out in pursuit but none ever returned.
The king was a wise man and knew it would take someone of exceptional skill to capture a Baby Dragon. And only that someone would be worthy of ruling fairly and justly his kingdom.
It has been almost 500 years since the last Dragon was seen on earth. So allow me to enlighten you a little and separate some fact from fiction.
Dragons as we all know are formidable opponents. A mighty flying beast capable of fire breathing and with claws that are sharper than any steal sword we can make.
What, dear reader, you may not realise is a Baby Dragon posses none of the above skill set, and can at first appear vulnerable. However what the Baby Dragon lacks in shear power and destruction they make up for in cunning and deceptive ways.
The Baby Dragon posses an infinite variety of evil tricks to lure their victims in. Then they gobble them up, bones and all.
Five Brave Hero’s set forth
Our story starts, like all good fairy tales do, with our hero and five others who except the kings challenge.
Standing at the palace gates each bid their fairwells and boldly stride onwards to where the dragons reside.
It’s a long and strenuous march over mountains and valleys, through streams and woods until finally they reach there destination. Each of the six are very tired and exhausted, but now must be more aware than ever before.
As they enter the Dragon woods an eeriness descends and each fall silent taking careful steps not to be spotted. As they reach a clearing deep in the forest they spot the Baby Dragons.
The quickest to react spots the most beautiful Baby Dragon and leaps into action. Just as they approach they start to notice how wonderful this Baby Dragon really is. More beautiful than any sunrise or sunset they have ever seen. And with colours that seem to shimmer and sparkle with ever step. Our wanna be hero becomes so engrossed and mesmerised by this sight, that the Baby Dragon seeing their opportunity. Gobbles him all up, bones and all.
Our next hero to act is drawn to a Baby Dragon who is gently singing. However as they approach the music becomes so soothing and peaceful. It’s like a melody so perfect in pitch and tone our hero completely forgets the mission and stands engrossed. Seeing this opportunity the Baby Dragon gobbles them up, bones and all.
The third to act is a little more cautious. Seeing the other two getting caught by the sight and sound of the Baby Dragons our hero decides to be careful. They carefully step passed the singing Dragons and don’t even glance upon the most beautiful. Instead they are drawn to one little Baby Dragon who seems harmless enough.
Our hero walks right up to this seemingly harmless Baby Dragon. They pick it up to place it in their rucksack. However they do they are instantly drawn to the feeling of the Baby Dragon’s surprisingly soft and soothing skin. It’s as fluffy as a kitten but at the same time silky and smooth to the touch. Our hero starts to stroke the Baby Dragon as if a pet. They completely abandoning the idea of the quest. Seeing this as an opportunity the Baby Dragon gobbles them up, bones and all.
The next and our fourth hero to approach the Baby Dragons is also cautious. They manage to control their desire for the most beautiful and quell their passions for those soothing sounds. They pass unaffected those first devilish Baby Dragons but find themselves suddenly transfixed. A smell so heavenly and intoxicating that it stops them right in their tracks. A smell so full of spices from old, with a fragrance full of depth and character that our hero’s mind is captivated. Seeing the opportunity, the Baby Dragon quickly gobbles them up, bones and all.
A true hero is born
Our fifth hero watches as one by one each of the others have succumbed to these Baby Dragons devious ways. They still think they will be safe. So boldly stride through the most beautiful and even the sweetly singing Baby Dragons. The wonderful smells don’t distract them from the quest. Nor are they caught by the silky soft touch as they brush up against a Baby Dragon. Our fifth hero is starting to see victory. When something strange starts to happen. Without warning our hero’s mouth waters with a taste so succulent and delicious they are transfixed. Their mind wanders and is caught up in this taste just for a moment but a moment is all that a Baby Dragon needs. Seeing the chance they gobble them up, bones and all.
The last one left is our true hero. They have seen the others fall victim to their overwhelmed senses and understands that one must guard against those passions of sight. Those desires for taste. The pursuit of feelings, the want of sound and the intoxicating lust for smell.
Our true hero, guarding those senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and feeling with the six and most important sense, our sense of consciousness. Will find they are not controlled or manipulated by their desires or passions but see them clearly for what they are. Impermanent, forever changing and as we cling and attach bring us suffering. As so they are unaffected by these devilish tricks and simply walk calmly up to one Baby Dragon place it in their rucksack and start making the long way back to the palace.
Our true hero is born and rules the kindgdom wisely for a very long time.
Join Our Twice Weekly Email Packed With FREE Goodies to Create A Positive Mindset
Coaching & Training in Positive Thinking
Check Your Junk Mail after signing up if you haven’t heard from us in 5 minutes. Your welcome email has a downloadable Free Gift. we don’t want you to miss It
Author: Dhamma Tāpasā*(Andrew Hallas)
Moral of the story:
As humans we experience the world around us through our five senses of sight, sound, taste, feeling and smell. No matter what comes our way and fixes itself within our six sense, our consciousness, always starts from one of these five senses.
Each of us has our favourite sense, mine has always been Feeling, I love the feeling of the sun and wind on my skin, the feeling of a hug and the feeling of surfing as examples. I can get so caught up and carried away with a feeling I sometimes too will get eaten by my Baby Dragons, which represents the Anger, loathing, envy and a 108 defilements of mind or any other negative and destructive thoughts associated with attachment to an impermanent, forever changing entity. Suffering will always ensue.
What to do?
As Monk’s and meditators we practice guarding our senses and staying present in the moment, sometimes a seemingly difficult task. This is why we learn meditation, focusing on our breath, the more we practice the more we learn to stay focused on this present moment, never attaching to our thoughts, feelings, sounds, tastes, sights and smells. We begin to see them for what they truly are impermanent, that which is always forever changing, to attach to these forever changing thoughts and sensations will always bring suffering, something we are all trying to ovoid.
All Our Original Spiritual Stories & Metaphors are NOW Available for Instant Download
2 Ebooks for the price of 1! or $7.85 on Amazon
I Help Empower YOU With A Lifetime of Positivity…
…Changing The Way You Experience The World
Do You Feel YOU Deserve More Out Of Life?
Want To Make A Difference For Yourself And Your Family?
With This Brand New Cutting Edge Approach I Will Transform Your Life Quicker, Easier and More Effective Than Any Model Out There
Just Give It A Try Completely Risk FREE
And I Promise I Will Transform YOUR Entire LIFE!
*Dhamma Tāpasā is a trained former Buddhist Monk and the spiritual name given to Andrew Hallas. Now a Life Changing and inspirational Positive Coach, a certified NLP Practitioner, Mindfulness Trainer, a Motivational Speaker and a Published Author.
Creator of the highly acclaimed “The Four Trees” a story of learning how we can all live a more fulfilled and content lifestyle.
By using his unique approach of storytelling, mixed with some ancient Buddhist Monk Secrets, 3 Simple Life Principles and all combined with 21st century scientifically proven NLP techniques, Dhamma Tāpasā is able to capture your imaginations whilst teaching you valuable Life Skills that will change every aspect of your life.
Our Most Compelling Original Moral Stories
- Make Your life Truly AmazingWhat Makes Your life Truly Amazing? Discover 7 of the most popular answers and are yours the same?
- The Empty Golden Box an Inspirational StoryAn inspirational story of unconditional love and hope something we all need in our lives.
- The Elastic Band Effect and How to Overcome ItUnderstand What The Elastic Band Effect is and how to overcome it’s limiting ability.
- The Pencil AnalogyAn Inspirational & Motivational Moral Story Analogies and Metaphors and the art of storytelling help us retain the information faster. The Analogy of the Pencil is one of those metaphorsContinue reading “The Pencil Analogy”
- The 3 Types of Goal SettingThe these essential 3 types of goal setting to set you above the rest
- The Art of Being an OptimistLearn the art of being an optimist, living with a positive attitude towards any obstacle.
- The Art of Positive ThinkingThe art of positive thinking is about truly understanding how our human minds work to allow for permanent change within our own thinking and subsequently becoming more positive in your own life.
- Optimism 4 BeginnersOptimism 4 Beginners is now available as a Free ebook to help us through these troubling times. With Russia invading Ukraine, Covid-19 and inflation starting to make its presence felt, Optimism 4 Beginners uses original metaphors and heartwarming stories to enhance strategies and techniques to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Living with RegretWhat are your biggest regrets in life? We all have regrets in life but do you know the best way to deal? Do you know what the 5 most common regrets are in life?
- The Prisons we create within our own MindAs humans we all create glass ceilings within our minds. These can be like prisons within ourselves or limiting beliefs. These two short stories illustrate the point beautifully and can give us an enlightenment moment
- Mountain of EnlightenmentA short moral tale of climbing a mountain towards enlightenment. A life lesson on how the mind works.
- A Pig Called No-SquealThe Harsh reality of judging others, never judge a book by its cover, or envy another’s circumstances. Everyone is suffering in some form or another, we can never tell from the outside what that maybe. Learn to live contently in YOUR life, live in the moment.
- The Zen Master and The ThiefA Short Tale of how we have the choice in any given situation how to react. The Zen Master and the Thief demonstrates this attitude perfectly
- The Creative Principle and Law of OneGuest author Salah Grenewood tells us about the power of oneness and it’s magical presence it has in your life.
- The Chicken Farmer and The PeacockLearn the illusion of the human mind with this short moral story The Chicken Farmer and The Peacock’
- The Moment that Changed My LifeThis chance moment with Thich Nhat Hanh changed my life forever.
- 3 Principles to Achieve SuccessThe 3 little used techniques and strategies to build success. Understanding these simple yet powerful strategies have long lasting effects that make your life shine in every way.
- To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation masterIt is with a heavy heart that I hear the news tonight at 10:30pm my first Buddhist meditation teach an the most extraordinary mindfulness master Thich Nhat Hanh has passedContinue reading “To Thich Nhat Hanh my first meditation master”
- 61 Ideas to Reduce Stress and TensionStress, anxiety and the consequential build up of tension these create, is one of the most reported issues of recent times. Covid-19 has caused a sudden and dramatic rise in reported mental health issues ranging from anxiety, loneliness, stress and tension to name just a few. All types of people have been effected in many ways and getting a grip of these damaging problems can improve your life dramatically.
- A Course in Building Confidence and Self esteemCam optimism be learnt? Can positive thinking change my life, Dhamma Tāpasā explores this fascinating topic.
- The Floating MeditationThe Floating Meditation is very easy and simple to understand and forms part of our mini meditation series. Together we explore some old Buddhist secrets to help us all get some well deserved sleep and relaxation.
- Get A Decent sleep?How Can I Get A Decent Nights sleep? Do these Buddhist secrets to drifting off into a deep and relaxing sleep.